Salifert Flatworm Exit$21.80
Read all the above text before commencing with the treatment!
• 1 drop for every 4 liters or 1 gallon.
The dropper contains approx. 300 drops (10 ml). The dropper cap holds approx. 90 drops.
So 1 cap full is good for 360 liters or 90 gallons.
Add it in a high flow area of the tank. If you want to treat a refugium only and if it’s volume is too small for using a powerhead then mixing should be done manually.
• It should start to work within 30 minutes.
• If within 45 minutes no visible death of flatworms occurs add 50% more.
• As soon as the flatworms start to die commence with the activated carbon to take out any toxic body fluids. Also see the above given important remarks.
• After an hour or so you can turn any UV or ozone on again.
Keep out of the reach of children! Only for aquarium hobby use
Salifert Strontium Test Kit$41.00
Strontium plays an important role by accelerating coral and calcareous algae growth.
NSW contains approx. 7 – 9 mg/L strontium.
Since the growth of corals and calcareous algae goes hand in hand with strontium and calcium depletion, depletion of calcium usually means depletion of strontium as well.
It is advisable to maintain a strontium concentration between 5 and 20 mg/L.
Approx. 25 tests per kit. Measures in approx. 5 ppm increments
Salifert Potassium Test Kit$22.00
This kit is good for 40 tests.
20ml K-1 Liquid Reagent
10ml K-2 Liquid Reagent
10ml K-3 Liquid Reagent
2x 1mL Syringe
2x Testing Vials
Importaint Note – Before commencing with each test it is very important to clean the nozzle (including the tip) of the K-3 dropper bottle with a paper tissue. Even if the nozzle looks clean and dry. Do this by applying a slight pressure on the tissue while cleaning
Do NOT put the cap back on the K-3 bottle until the test has been completed.
1. With the unlabeled syringe add 1mL of aquarium water to the test vial. There will be a small air bubble (approx. 0.05 mL) in the syringe do NOT attempt to remove the air bubble.
2. Add 0.5 mL of K-1 using the red labeled syringe in the test vial. There will be a small air bubble (approx. 0.05 mL) in the syringe do NOT attempt to remove the air bubble. Swirl the test vial gently for at least 20 seconds.
3. Add to the test vial 3 drops of K-2 while holding the dropper bottle in a vertical position. There is no need to swirl the test vial after this step.
4. Add to the test vial K-3 one drop at a time, while holding the dropper bottle in a vertical position. Swirl the test vial for 2 seconds in between each drop of reagent. Continue adding K-3 while counting drops and swirling between each until the color changes from a white or yellowish color to a baby blue / light blue color. The change is very dramatic.
5. After color change is complete compare number of drops to ppm potassium chart below.
An extra testing vial is included with the kit for convenience and only a one vial is needed for a single test. That lets you to use one vial while the other is being cleaned. With potassium test kits it is important to keep reagent tips, syringes and testing vials clean for reliable readings.
Holding the reagent bottle directly vertical will allow for even and consistent drops making readings reliable and repeatable.
Drops of K-3 ppm of Potassium 1 > 470 2 > 470 3 > 470 4 460 5 450 6 440 7 430 8 420 9 410 10 400 11 390 12 380 13 370 14 360 15 350 16 340 17 330 18 320 19 310 20 300
Salifert Calcium Profi Test$24.00
Our calcium test is capable in resolving the calcium content in 10 mg/L steps. The color change is sharp and facilitates the detection of small but highly significant fluctuations in the calcium concentration. Salifert is the only one in offering a true accuracy and precision as claimed.
The kit can perform approx. 50 – 100 measurements.
1. Add with 2 ml syringe 2 ml of water in the test vial. For a low resolution and more tests per kit add 1 ml instead of 2 ml.
2. Add 1 spoon of Ca-1 (low resolution approx. 1/2 spoon) do not swirl yet.
3. Add 8 drops of Ca-2 to the water in the test vial. and swirl gently for 10 seconds. For low resolution 4 instead of 8 drops.
4. Put the plastic tip firmly on the 1 ml syringe. And draw into the syringe the Ca-3 reagent (ensure that the end of the plastic tip is constantly submersed in the Ca-3 reagent) till the lower end of the black part of the pistion is exactly at the 1.00 ml mark. There will be air present just below the piston. This is the air which was present between the end of the plactic tip and the piston. This will not influence the test result.
5. Add dropwise with the 1 ml syringe the Ca-3 reagent to the water in the test tube. Swirl after each drop a second or two.
Continue with this until color changes from pink-red to a clear blue color.
6. Hold the syringe with the tip facing upward and read the position of the , now the upper end, of the black part of the piston. The syringe has graduations of 0.01 ml. Read the Calcium value from the table or calculate as follows.
ppm Ca = (1 – reading in step 6) x 500
If you have chosen for the lower resolution multiply the calculated result by 2.
Natural sea water contains 400 – 425 ppm calcium. Use salifert’s Coral Calcium for good results.
Note: If you took 1.5 ml of water in step 1 then multiply the calcium values by 2!
Reading in ml’s (step 6) Calcium Concentration in ppm 0.00 500 0.02 490 0.04 480 0.06 470 0.08 460 0.10 450 0.12 440 0.14 430 0.16 420 0.18 410 0.20 400 0.22 390 0.24 380 0.26 370 0.28 360 0.30 350 0.32 340 0.34 330 0.36 320 0.38 310 0.40 300 0.42 290 0.44 280 0.46 270 0.48 260 0.50 250 0.52 240 0.54 230 0.56 220 0.58 210 0.60 200 0.62 190 0.64 180 0.66 170 0.68 160 0.70 150 0.72 140 0.74 130 0.76 120 0.78 110 0.80 100 0.82 90 0.84 80 0.86 70 0.88 60 0.90 50 0.92 40 0.94 30 0.96 20 0.98 10
Salifert Copper Profi Test$21.80
The kit can perform approx. 50 measurements.
1. Add 2ml of water in the test vial.
2. Add 5 drops of the Cu reagent and swirl gently for 5 seconds.
3. Allow it to stand for 10 minutes. Some copper medications might use strongly bound copper and would require a waiting time of 20 minutes. In case of doubt compare the value after 10 and 20 minutes of waiting. The highest value should be noted.
4. To obtain the copper concentration hold the test vial in front of you. Place the white part of the color chart firmly against the side of the test vial and look from the opposite side.
A blue tinge lighter than the 0.1ppm value corresponds to approximately 0.05ppm.
A color in between two color bars indicates a copper value in between those two values.
ml’s Added Copper Concentration in ppm 1 >=1.0 2 0.50 3 0.33 4 0.25 5 0.20 10 0.10 15 0.07 20 0.05
Salifert KH/Alkalinity Profi Test$15.50
The Salifert KH/Alk test is very straightforward. It measures in sufficient small steps of 0.1 meq/L or 0.3 dKH with a sharp color change. This makes detection of important yet small change possible.
The kit can perform approx. 100 – 200 measurements.
- Add with the 5 ml syringe 4 ml of water in the test vial. For a lower resolution and more tests per kit add 2 instead of 4 ml.
- Shake the KH-Ind dropping bottle a few times and add 2 drops in the test vial (1 drop for the low resolution mode).
- Put the plastic tip firmly on the 1 ml syringe. And draw into the syringe the KH reagent (ensure that the end of the plastic tip is constantly submersed in the KH reagent) till the lower end of the black part of the piston is exactly at the 1.00 ml mark. There will be some air present just below the piston. This is the air which was present between the end of the plastic tip and the piston. This will not influence the test result.
- Add dropwise with the 1 ml syringe the KH reagent to the water in the test tube. Swirl after each drop a second or two. Continue with this until the color changes from blue/green to orange-red or pink color (whichever color is observed first).
- Hold the syringe with the tip facing upward and read the position of the, now the upper end, of the black part of the piston. The syringe has graduations of 0.01 ml. Read the KH or alkalinity value from the table or calculate as follows.KH in dKH = (1 – reading in step 5) x 16Alk in meq/L = (1 – reading in step 5) x 5.71If you have chosen for the lower resolution multiply the calculated result by 2.Natural sea water has a KH of 8 dKH or alkalinity of 2.9 meq/LKH and alkalinity are increased safely with Salifert`sKH + pH Buffer.
Salifert Mg Profi Test$25.00
The Salifert magnesium test is very straightforward and does not suffer from calcium and strontium interferences when within certain bounds. It measures in sufficient accurate steps of 30 mg/L with a sharp color change. The kit can perform approx. 50 measurements.
1. Add with the 5 ml syringe 3 ml of water in the test vial.
2. Add 6 drops of Mg-1 and swirl gently for 30 seconds.
3. Add 1 spoon of Mg-2 powder (spoon inside) to test vial and swirl for 10 seconds.
4. Place the plastic tip firmly on the 1 ml syringe and draw into this Mg-3 reagent until the lower end of the black syringe part is at the 1.00 ml mark. Ensure that during this that the plastic tip is submersed in the Mg-3 reagent to avoid that air bubbles are withdrawn instead of liquid. An air layer between the liquid and the piston is normal.
This is air which was present between the end of the tip and the piston, this will not influence the result.
5. Start adding the Mg-3 reagent with the 1 ml syringe to the testvial until the color changes to gray or blue (whichever color is observed first). Do this drop wise and swirl after each drop for a second or two.
6. Hold the syringe with the tip facing upward and read the position of the upper end of the black scringe part. Each division corresponds to 0.01 ml. The magnesium concentration can be obtained from the table or by use of the following equation:
ppm Mg = (1 – reading in step 6) x 1500
Natural sea water has a magnesium concentration of approx. 1300 – 1500 ppm. The concentration varies with salinity.
Too low magnesium concentration makes maintaining correct calcium and alkalinity concentration difficult. Magnesium concentration can be increased with Salifert’s magnesium.
Note: If you took 1.5 ml of water in step 1 then multiply the calcium values by 2!
Reading in ml’s (step 6) Magnesium Concentration in ppm 0.00 1500 0.02 1470 0.04 1440 0.06 1410 0.08 1380 0.10 1350 0.12 1320 0.14 1290 0.16 1260 0.18 1230 0.20 1200 0.22 1170 0.24 1140 0.26 1110 0.28 1080 0.30 1050 0.32 1020 0.34 990 0.36 960 0.38 930 0.40 900 0.42 870 0.44 840 0.46 810 0.48 780 0.50 750 0.52 720 0.54 690 0.56 660 0.58 630 0.60 600 0.62 570 0.64 540 0.66 510 0.68 480 0.70 450 0.72 420 0.74 390 0.76 360 0.78 330 0.80 300 0.82 270 0.84 240 0.86 210 0.88 180 0.90 150 0.92 120 0.94 90 0.96 60 0.98 30
Salifert Nitrate (NO3) Profi Test$20.00
The range spans from very low to a very high nitrate concentration (approx. 0.05 – 20 mg/L as Nitrate-Nitrogen or 0.2 – 100 mg/L as nitrate ion).
The kit can perform approx. 60 measurements.
Low range: 0.2 – 10 mg/L (ppm) as nitrate.
Medium range: 2 – 100 mg/L (ppm) as nitrate.
Procedure for both ranges:
- Fill test vial with 1mL of water.
- Add 1 level scoop of NO3-1 powder (compress this powder against the inner side of the powder container).
- Add 1 level scoop of NO3-2 powder and swirl gently (do NOT shake) for 30 seconds.
- Let it stand for 3 minutes.
- Color comparison:Medium Range:Place the test vial on the white part of the color chart and compare colors looking from the TOP. Use diffuse daylight when comparing colors.If the color corresponds to a value lower than 10mg/L nitrate then it might be better to compare colors as shown for the low range (see below).Low Range:If the medium range color comparison procedure gave a reading lower than 10mg/L then you can use the low range prodecure. This will increase the accuracy.
The color for the low range procedure has to be compared by looking through the SIDE of the test vial.
The white part of the color chart has to be held firmly against the opposite side of the test vial. Use diffuse daylight when comparing colors.
The color is, by looking through the side, amplified by approximately 10 fold. For this reason you have to divide the color chart values by 10. For example 2 will become 0.2 and 50 will become 5.
Showing all 15 results